Working Rights and Visas

UNSW requires that all employees have eligible working rights within Australia. If you are offered a position at the University and are not an Australian citizen, the University may be able to assist with sponsorship arrangements for the appropriate visa to allow you to work at UNSW.

The type of visa arrangement would depend on the length of your appointment at UNSW, and would generally be arranged at the time of offer and appointment.

The Department of Immigration and Border Protection provides advice and assistance regarding the visa requirements of those considering coming to Australia to work and general immigration matters.

Our team of Human Resources professionals can also offer assistance with visa related queries.


Further information:

Department of Immigration and Border Protection